E-Shram Card Registration: All you need to know about online registration process, eligibility criteria and benefits
E-Shram Card Registration: The government of India has initiated E-Shram Yojana to offer social security to people working in unorganised sector. The beneficiary must register on the official website before using the E-Shram Yojana (E-Shram Portal Registration) to avail the benefits. Check the details here about online registeration process, eligibility criteria and more.
The central government has initiated E-Shram Yojana to offer social security to people working in unorganised sector. The E-Shram Portal was launched by the Ministry of Labor and employment on August 26. Under this plan, the government offers the workers cash assistance including other benefits. The advantage of Worker’s Compensation is additionally provided under this scheme. The beneficiary must register on the official website before using the E-Shram Yojana (E-Shram Portal Registration). Besides the labourers, ordinary residents, students, including low-income families can register under this scheme.
Eligibility criteria for E-Shram card:
People falling in the age group – 16 to 59 years can register under this scheme. After online registeration an individual is given a 12 digit unique number. UAN is a 12-digit permanent unique number provided to each unorganized worker after registration on the E-Shram portal
Documents required for registration :
1) The mobile number that is linked with Aadhaar
) Savings bank account details
3) Educational certificate
4) Occupational certificate
) Income certificate
6) Passport size photographs
Online registration process for E-Shram Card:
1) Visit the official website of the E-Shram portal (eshram.gov.in) and click on ‘Register on E-Shram’
2) Enter the mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card and Captcha.
3) Choose whether you are a member of EPFO/ESIC or not (Yes/No)
4) Click on‘Get OTP’.
5) After entering the OTP, the registration form for E-Shram will open.
6) Enter your Aadhar Card number, click on the box to agree with the terms and conditions, and then proceed to submit.
7) Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on it to validate OTP.
8) A pre-filled form will appear on the screen. Verify your details and click on to continue.
9) A preview/self-declaration of the registration form will appear.Verify all the details if all the information is correctly filled and click on the declaration box and submit to proceed.
10) Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and click on it to verify.
11) Your registration is completed.
12) UAN card will be generated on your screen.
13) Download UAN card.
Benefits of E-Shram Card:
1) It aims to implement the benefits of social security schemes for unorganized workers which are administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and other inter-connected ministries.
2) The person who has an E-Shram Card is entitled to an accidental insurance cover of 2 lakhs under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
3) The E-Shram portal will maintain a centralized database of people working in the unorganized sectors.
4) All the social security benefits given under this scheme will be delivered directly to the unorganized workers through this portal.